MAKKALIP Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy
MISSION / RESPONSIBILITY:
MAKKALIP is committed to being a clean, sustainable manufacturer and providing a safe work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors. Our EHS Management System fosters a high performance culture where EHS awareness, involvement and accountability are intrinsic to all business activities.
MAKKALIP and its members are committed to provide a safe and healthy working environment and comply with all regulations for the preservation of the environment of the territory it operates in during the course of its operations.
MAKKALIP and its members shall be committed to prevent the wastage of natural resources and minimize any hazardous impact of the development, production, use & disposal of any of its products and services on the ecological environment.
MAKKALIP as a responsible corporate citizen shall consider its obligation to maintain highest standards of the environmental management and ensure for all its members, consultants, contractors and customers a safe and healthy environment free from occupational injury & diseases.
MAKKALIP & its members shall pursue high standards of safety, health and environmental management as an integral part of efficient management of the business ensuring that all business decisions are taken after considering the safety, health and environmental implications.
To implement an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System that promotes empowerment with accountability. To integrate systematic and innovative EHS management into all aspects of our business to ensure:
- An ethical and respectful treatment of the environment
- Protection of our employees from injury or harm
- A prosperous, sustainable future for MAKKALIP
- Integrate EHS with all business activities
- Focus on our ultimate goal of zero workplace injuries and EHS incidents
- Meet or exceed all EHS regulatory standards
- Eliminate pollution at the source whenever feasible. Where it cannot be eliminated, manage pollution to eliminate environmental concern.
- Conserve resources through product design and through reuse, reclamation or recycling whenever possible
- Minimize energy & solvent usage, water consumption and waste sent to landfill
- Foster a culture of EHS awareness, involvement, empowerment and accountability among employees, both at work and at home
- Continual improvement of EHS Management Systems through assessments, actionable planning and implementation of best practices
- Report, investigate and analyze all EHS incidents with a focus on preventing reoccurrence
- Train employees to identify, understand and respect all EHS aspects and hazards, and reduce impacts and risks in their work environment
- Provide community members, customers and shareholders with useful information about EHS impacts and risks associated with MAKKALIP business activities
- Recognize EHS achievement and celebrate success